CURTAIN TO RISE ON PI ETA CLUB SHOW

First Wellesley Performance Since 1899 Skit to Be Held--Three Public Performances Scheduled

"Peter Called Prince", the 59th annual production of the Pi Eta Club, will be given a series of performances next week, beginning on Monday evening, January 12, with a presentation open only to past and present members of the club. Following "Graduates' Night", as it is called, three public performances will be given at the Pi Eta Theatre on January 13, 16, and 20. In addition the club will give two presentations at Whitney Hall, Brookline, on January 15, at Alumnae Hall, Wellesley, on January 17, and at players Hall, West Newton, on January 19.

The trip to Wellesley is of interest because this is the first time in 25 years that the show has been given there. In 1999 the club gave a performance of a production called "The Belles of Wellesley", which apparently displeased the girls by its cleverness in taking off themselves. At any rate since that date no performance has been given within the precincts of Wellesley until this year.

The members of the cast have been spending the last few days polishing up on their performance with the aid of several stars of former shown including William Faucett '21 and J. W. D. Seymour '17. Dr. Arthur Wright '20 has also been helping with the music.

Finney is Author of Book

The play, written by Howard Finney '26, begins with a chorus of scrub women who perform a typical dance to the tune of "Katy Ann", in a bookstore in Oakland, N. Y., where Peter, the hero, works in a book store. The part of Peter is taken by E. A. Sawin '25. During the first act Jake Worth, played by A. H. Stafford '26, appears as a travelling salesman who sings about his tonic "Hermicide".

Peter is an aspiring author, who finally leaves the village in the second act to interview a publisher about his book. While in New York he is mistaken for a foreign prince who is visiting the city at the same time. The publishers promptly accept his story under the delusion that he is the prince writing under a "nom de plume." During this act there are several songs and a specialty act of Jake's. The plot unfolds during the second and third acts with a series of complications which of course unravel themselves, and the play closes with the inevitable happy ending, flavored by another act of Jake's.

Besides A. H. Stafford '26 and Howard Finney '26, other members of the cast who take leading parts are C. R. Frazier '27 as Mary Burnett, and C. H. Morgan 1G. as Lord Corday, aide to the Prince.

L. W. Grossman '26 and Henry Scott '24 have composed the dance pieces which are sprinkled liberally throughout the show. The song lyrics are written by W. H. Harkness '24 and J. S. Murphy '25. The complete musical program follows:

Act I

1. Katy Ann--opening chorus.

2. Customers.

3. Hermicide.

4. Off to New York.

Act II

1. Click Click--Stenographers' chorus.

2. Stop It.

3. Mary.

4. I'm Tired of It All.

5. Spirit of Broadway.

Act III

1. Cross-Word Puzzle -- Opening chorus.

2. Music Maiden.

3. Lonesome.

4. I'll Always Love You.

5. Tell It to an Eskimo.

6. Finale.