THREE FUTURE FOES OUT OF FIVE MEET HEAVY OPPOSITION IN ENCOUNTERS TODAY

Yale and Princeton Will Meet Acid Test at Hands of Penn and Navy Respectively

Of Harvard's remaining five rivals, three will encounter heavy opposition in their games today. Brown, which is to invade Soldiers Field on November 14, and Dartmouth, the Crimson's rival next week, have not yet progressed beyond their preliminary games.

Both Yale and Princeton will be put to the test today, and there is about an even chance of their meeting defeat, Yale at the hands of Pennsylvania, Princeton through the efforts of the Navy. William and Mary will take on Randolph-Macon at Richmond, and the struggle promises to be close.

Yale-Penn. Game Packs Bowl

The Yale-Pennsylvania tussle at New Haven is attracting the most attention. With 70,000 seats already sold, the Yale management expects to fill the Bowl before the opening whistle blows this afternoon.

Pennsylvania, victor over Brown's strong team a week ago is on the Yale schedule for the first time in 31 years, and as it has been announced that the two teams will not clash next year, the Blue and Red is anxious to make the most of its opportunity.

Invaders Have 7-pound Edge

The invaders outweigh the Blue by about seven pounds per man. Kruez, Pennsylvania's powerful plunger, closely resembles Miller of the University in the way he handles himself. Upon his educated toe may depend the outcome of the battle, for both teams possess attacks capable of sustained marches, and a boot from the field may be the margin of victory.

Yale, while not possessing a back as outstanding as Kruez, has three sets of carriers primed and the Yale coaches are confident that Cutler and Kline will be able to circle the ends and force the line for enough yardage to send Pennsylvania's eleven home without the victory.

Mutual Air Attack Expected

Both teams expect to surprise by their aerial game. Yale has twice scored on passes from midfield, and the Blue and Red has also gained consistently via the air route. Today, however, the tosses will be more elaborate, and both teams have been keeping their latest passes secret for the encounter this afternoon.

Butterworth, still acting captain in Joss' place, will oppose Captain Wilson in the line. The duel between these two great tackles should be well worth watching. Against Brown, the Pennsylvania leader played the part of monkey wrench in the Bear's offensive machine.

Princeton, so far undefeated, owes its clean slate principally to Slagle, whose kicking and passing turned away Amherst, Washington and Lee.

Slagle Held Back as Threat

Coach Roper is still adhering to his policy of holding his best offensive threats in reserve. Slagle, Tiger triple threat, will not be in the starting backfield, but he is sure to see action Ewing, Digman, Beares and Gilligan are the starting carriers.

The Tiger forte will again lie in their control of the air. All Princeton's scores to date have been made via the air route, with Slagle doing the tossing to Dignan, Gilligan, and the ends. Unless the snagging of these passes can be stopped by the Navy, the Tiger stands a good chance of being returned the winner.

Moeser and Jeffers, ends; Gates and Rosengarten, tackles; Davis and McMillan, guards; Bartell, center, will be the new line that will face the team from Annapolis. The reserve backfield, besides Slagle, consists of Caulkins, Bridges, Prendergast, and Weeks.

Nassau students are journeying to Baltimore en masse to witness the contest. Special trains are running to the southern city this morning, and the interest among the student body, according to Princeton officials, is keener than ever before since the Navy-Princeton struggle has become a feature.

Green Enters Preliminary Game

Coach Hawley's Green team will face the University of Maine eleven this afternoon on Memorial Field.

This encounter, the last of the Dartmouth preliminary games, finds the Hanover outfit top-heavy favorites. Next week's visitors to Soldiers Field have not yet encountered serious opposition, and it is not thought that Maine will be able to hold the Green backs in check.

Hanoverians to Save Strength

Due to the impending struggle with the University next Saturday, the New Hampshire team may not insert its regulars against the Pine Tree team, in which case the Maine eleven may be able to keep down the tallies.

Coach Hawley's chief worry at present is the dearth of kickers. Against Vermont last Saturday, only two points were gleaned on kicks after the eight touchdowns scored by the green-jerseyed men. Unless his kickers come along fast, Coach Hawley will be at a serious disadvantage in tight games. Tully and Sage, veteran ends, are the only members of the squad who are at all proficient at drop-kicking. The squad possesses no capable place-kicker, and even the kicking off has not been entirely satisfactory.

Green Has Solitary Punter

Oberlander is the only punter worthy of the name, and should he be forced out of the games with Harvard, Brown, Cornell, and Chicago, Dartmouth would enter every one of its games with a heavy handicap.

Eight lettermen from last year's undefeated team are slated to face the Down Easters today. Barring injuries, these men will also appear on Soldiers Field in Dartmouth's attempt for three straight wins over the Crimson.

Tully and Sage will start on the ends; Parker and Holleran at the tackles. Smith and Diehl at the guards. Davis will put the ball in play, while McPhail will call the signals to Oberlander. Lane and Horton.

Beaten Bear Tackles Bates

Coach Robinson's Brown eleven after taking a beating from Pennsylvania's Red and Blue outfit, will tackle Bates this afternoon. While the Maine eleven is hardly a set-up, the Bears are favored to down them on Brown's new gridiron.

Although beaten by Pennsylvania last Saturday. Brown's running attack showed great signs of power. During the initial half Pennsylvania was clearly outplayed and Kruez was the individual who offset Brown's brilliant team work by his still more effective individual performance.

Stifler is Browns Mainstay

Bates possesses no such brilliant performer and Keefer star carrier of the Bears should make consistent gains today. Stifler leader of the Providence outfit has entirely recovered since his early season lay off and should prove effective in throttling the sweeps armed at his flank.

William and Mary who is to furnish the opposition on Soldiers Field two weeks hence today takes on Randolph Macon at Richmond William and Mary with one of the South's outstanding teams should gain the verdict but then rivals of today are considered capable of pressing them