"OOORAH" IS NAME OF NEW CHEER COINED FOR HARVARD

The "Ooorah" cheer will be heard issuing from the Harvard stands for the first time tomorrow.

Not taking the place of either of the present "long" and "short" cheers, the "ooorah" cheer consists of the rising cadence of the two syllables, followed by the name of the player being cheered.

With the prolonged "oo" gaining in volume as it continues, the new cheer for the Harvard captain, for instance, will be "OoooRah! Cheek!"

Complete silence after the cheer is ended is essential. It will bring out the snappy effect of the cheer, and there must be no shouting and hand-clapping, such as follows the other cheers.

Copies of all the Harvard songs with the new cheer at the top, will be distributed at the game. Five thousand copies have been printed and are expected to provide the spectators in seven sections on the Harvard side of the Stadium.

The new cheer, originated by Head Cheerleader W. L. Tibbetts '26, is a direct result of the new system of competition for cheerleaders. In previous years the cheerleading has been rather haphazard, and any calls for new cheers have gone unheeded.