BAD WEATHER DRIVES FOOTBALL INTO GAGE

Tripp and Chase Sihfted From Backfield to Line Positions--Signal Practice and Dummy Scrimmage in Order

Because of unfavorable weather, the University football squad sought refuge in the baseball cage for yesterday's practice. Only a short drill was held, the session lasting less than two hours.

Outstanding developments since the victory of last Saturday were the injuries reported of three veterans, the shifting back to their old positions of two other men, and the promotion to the University squad of a Second team back.

The three men who played Saturday and who did not appear yesterday in uniform were Adie, Coady, and Daley, Daley, veteran guard, is on crutches as the result of a leg injury that will keep him on the side lines until the Holy Cross encounter. Coady, playing his first game in the Crimson backfield, received injuries that will keep him out of practice until Friday, but Dr. Richardson and Trainer Farrell predict his participation in the Middlebury game next Saturday. The injury of Adie is not serious, and the substitute end is expected back in harness today.

The shift which sends Tripp back to his former post in the line, and Chase back to his old position on the flank, is taken as an indication that the coaches are satisfied with their reserve of ball-carriers and are now working to add more power to the forwards.

The promotion of Hiller Innes '26, for two years a scrub back, to the University line, is the natural result of his brilliant playing in the last few scrimmages.

Two Men Go Back to Scrubs

At the same time, the University squad sends two men, Stone and Braden, to Coach Knox's blackshirts.

Except for long talks to the men in which Coach Fisher explained the defects that were in evidence on Saturday, most of the work consisted of signal practice; later followed by a dummy scrimmage between Teams A and B.

On Team A, Captain Cheek called signals with Miler, Crosby, and Howe completing the first team backfield. Saltonstall, Nash, Kilgour, Macomber, C. Bradford, Lindner, and Sayles composed the forward line.

Team B and E. Bradford and Doherty for ends; Pratt and Taylor, tackles; Daniell and Hoague, guards; while Turner was at teh snap-back position. Stafford gave the signals and Baldwin, Moseley, and Clark carried the ball.

The third team, with Chase, Simonds, Tripp, Shapiro, J. Fordyce, and A. Fordyce in teh line, and McGlone, Zarakov, Barker, and Puffer behind them.