CRIMSON EDITORIAL PAGE TO BE OPENED TO JUNIORS

Daily Paper Will Launch Second Editorial Competition Wednesday--Will Be Last, Chance for 1927 to Join Board

The second CRIMSON editorial competition open to members of the Junior class, will begin with a meeting of all candidates at the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton Street, at 7 o'clock Wednesday evening.

"The experience gained in such an editorial competition is most useful in its application to later work," said one former chairman of the CRIMSON Editorial Board, now actively engaged in metropolitan newspapers work, in a statement last night. The competition is of particular value in teaching men to think concisely and write well. It presents one of the few opportunities to undergraduates of applying information acquired in college courses, and affords practice in a forceful style of writing which is often neglected. It is, therefore, not only instructive in regard to the mastery of composition, but stimulating to constructive thought."

The work will consist mainly in reading current newspapers and magazines, and writing editorials on educational, social, and political topics. The President of the CRIMSON will address the meeting Wednesday night, and the Editorial Chairman will explain the details of she competition. After the first few days at least one editorial every day will be required.

Owing to the late start of the contest, the usual duration will be cut short by at least one week, leaving the total length slightly under ten weeks. In addition to this, the work will be broken up by Christmas vacation and by the Midyear examinations, during which candidates will be given time off for study.