NEW CATALOGUE MORE UNIFIED THAN HITHERTO

COLLEGE ENROLLMENT NOW MORE THAN 3000

The recently completed 1924-25 University Catalogue has finally succumbed to the interests of convenience by organizing its material in a more unified manner. It has eliminated the former method of merely binding together the Catalogue of Names and the Catalogue of Departments. The 1924-25 edition numbers some thirty-seven pages more than the combined sections of its predecessor. The new Catalogue has furthermore added a comprehensive index of its entire contents.

According to the Catalogue all departments however show gains in the number of students. The University has registered 7075 students, 322 more than Last year. Instructors have increased from 1054 to 1088. The College number 3009 as opposed to 2931 a year ago. The graduate schools have increased proportionally.

Simultaneous with the report on the enrollment in the University comes the announcement of Harvard's ranking in a numerical list of the universities of the United States. Harvard University is ninth in a list headed by the University of California which is credited with 15,580 students. The other institutions whose number are more than those of Harvard are, besides California: Columbia, 11,621; University of Illinois, 10,089; University of Minnesota, 9,417; Michigan, 8,856; Ohio State, 8,757; Wisconsin, 7,643; Pennsylvania, 7,626.

Yale University is ranked twentieth with an attendance of 4,731. The number of students in U. S. universities has shown an increase of 8.5 per cent over that in 1923-24.