ELIS UPSET UNDEFEATED CRIMSON GOLFERS, 6-3

Mapes and Hodder Lose Stiff Battles to Blue Stars--Yale Wins Big Three Championship

Two years of unmarred victory were brought to a sudden close Saturday, when the University golf team bowed to Yale by the score of 6-3, over the links of the Rhode Island Country Club at Nayatt.

Mapes, playing against Captain Cummings of Yale, put up a stiff battle before he succumbed to the intercollegiate champion on the sixteenth green, 3 up and 2 to go. Captain Hodder gave Wattles an even harder fight and carried the match to the seventeenth hole. In the foursomes Mapes and Hodder played the best golf of the afternoon, although they fell before Wattles and Ordway on the nineteenth hole. Barnum and Bohlen conquered Tuttle and Haviland of Yale in a very closely contested match which they ended on the seventeenth 2 up and 1 to go.

Yale's victorious team thus achieves the Big Three championship and is one of the few teams in the East to have gone through the season undefeated. When the Intercollegiates are played in June, Yale will undoubtedly be the favorite contender, while Captain Cummings, who has already annexed the title twice, will threaten to repeat his past performance a third time.