HUDSON ON FACULTY OF GENEVA SCHOOL

Corliss Lamont and W. C. Poletti on American Student Committee--World Famous Scholars to Teach

Sponsored by a group of disinterested Americans, a School of International Relations will be established this summer at Geneva under the auspices of the International League of Nations Federation. Corliss Lamont '24, at present a student in New College, Oxford, is Chairman of the American Student Committee, which includes W. C. Poletti '24 in its membership.

The School will be conducted under the direction of Professor Alfred E. Zimmerman, formerly at the Universities of Oxford and Wales, and the intention is to give courses in every phase of international relations. Noted teachers and public men from Europe and America will take an active part in the Federation courses. In addition, well known experts from the League Secretariat and prominent delegates to the League Assembly will lecture.

Professor Hudson To Lecture

Among the prominent American scholars who will conduct courses is Professor M. O. Hudson, Bemis Professor of Law in the University. The nature of the course which Professor Hudson will give will not be announced until his arrival in Geneva. Other prominent educators to be identified with the faculty of the new School will be Professor F. Dominois of the Ecole des Hautes Etudes Orientales, Paris, Professor J. L. Brierly of Oxford, Professor James T. Shotwell of Columbia University, Professor Beni Prasad of the University of Allahabad, India, Mr. Desmond Fitzgerald, Minister of External Affairs, Irish Free State, and Mr. William S. Culbertson, Vice-chairman of the United States Tariff Commission.

The purpose of the School is an objective study of international affairs, and it is not destined to be propaganda either for or against any such organization as the League of Nations. Owen D. Young, collaborator in the Dawes' Report is credited with originating and developing the idea of the School.

Students To Study League

During the summer, the students will investigate the League at first hand, with the cooperation of the League Secretariat and the International Labor Bureau. In September a study of the League will be made while it is actually working.

From September 1 to 7, the annual Congress of the Universities Federation will be held, which will attract students from all over the world. A 50 per cent reduction in the fare from Paris to Geneva has been secured for parties of ten or more, and the Committee is working to secure reductions for individuals as well.