BOSTON LATIN IS FIRST TEST FOR 1928 ELEVEN

JUNIORS TO PLAY AGAINST CAMBRIDGE LATIN FRIDAY

After a week of conditioning and drill on fundamentals, the class football players will have their initial taste of nation this afternoon when the first of a series of practice games will be played. The coaches have arranged an informal scrimmage between Boston Latin and the Sophomore team, with the probability of the Junior eleven also being sent in to face the high school eleven. The Sophomore squad, which is the largest, has also shown the most rapid development and has thus been picked to bear the brunt of the first outside contest. The game has been scheduled with an eye to preparing both teams for their later engagements and the coaches will stop play whenever they wish to point out to the players their defects and to correct the collective play of both teams.

Boston Latin Strong

Boston Latin has shown signs of developing in to an unusually strong team this year. In their first game last Saturday the schoolboys downed Groton 6 to 3. The Sophomores although still rather ragged through lack of practice are expected to show potentialities of attack which will be tested by the invaders. Another practice game has been scheduled for Friday with Cambridge Latin in which the Junior class team is stated to start. One more game will probably be arranged before the start of the inter-class series on October 15.

The first scrimmages of the season were held last Friday between the Sophomore and Junior squads. The Seniors, who are still handicapped by lack of men, have not been able to do any scrim paging as yet. If more of the Seniors who were cut from the University squad would report the Seniors would be able to put at present their small number makes it impossible for them to keep pace with the development of the other two teams.