Advocate Leads All the Rest as Plans for 1926 Anthology of College Literary Work Are Completed--Mt. Holyoke Second

Plans for the Anthology of literature published during the past year by college literary magazines are fast maturing, it was reported at the Advocate Building last night.

"The conference, which was held at the Advocate House last Friday and Saturday, uncovered much literary material of unquestioned value," said Kendall Foss '27, President of the Advocate. "Unfortunately there will not be sufficient room in the Anthology to include all the stories and verse which have earned the right to rank with the best of the material submitted and so we will have to omit a good deal which we would like to publish. The Conference passed judgment on all the prose and verse which is to be used so that for us there remains only the mechanical work of sorting out the correct amount of work to fill the Anthology."

The work of classification and assortment has now been finished and it was announced last night that 15 colleges will be represented in the Anthology.

The University, with four poems and nine stories found available for the Anthology, heads the list of colleges. Next comes Mt. Holyoke with two stories and four poems. Minnesota and Wisconsin, with two stories each come next. Dartmouth has furnished six poems and Columbia five with one story. The Radcliffe Bay Tree has provided one poem and one story. The other colleges whose work will be printed are: Amherst, Barnard, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, Middlebury, Smith, Vassar and Wellesley.

As the Conference as a whole decided upon the material to be used, the inclusion of stories and poems in the book is based only upon sheer literary merit.