EX-COLLEGE LEADERS NAMED 1930 PROCTORS

Freshman Halls Will Be in Charge of Distinguished Graduates -- Dual Duties Theirs

The list of proctors who will be in charge of the Freshman Dormitories this year was issued in full last night Their purpose is not only to maintain discipline in the Freshman Halls, but also to assist the incoming students to make the transition from school to college.

The basis on which these men have been selected is indicated by a passage in the recent report of the Student Council Committee on Education. "Proctors should be young Harvard graduates," it says in part, "preferably in the first few years at graduate school who have displayed during their own undergraduate days the qualities generally considered most desirable in Harvard men."

Cheek in Charge of Smith

M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, president of the Student Council last year and captain of the football team, has been named head proctor of Smith Halls. His assistants will be R. H. Field '26, President of the CRIMSON last winter, P. D. Trafford Jr. '26, and O. A. Schlarkjer '26. All these men are returning to Cambridge for graduate school work.

Brooks Potter '24, a third-year law student, who was manager of the hockey team as an undergraduate, will be head-proctor in Standish Hall. W. N. Gates '21, a former editorial chairman of the CRIMSON, who is also completing his law course this year, and W. H. Gratwick Jr. '25, a former photographic chairman of the CRIMSON, will be his assistants.

A former proctor in Standish, J. D. DuBois '24, has been promoted to take charge of the 1930 residents of Gore-Hall. DuBois is in his third year at the Law School, having been a member of squash and tennis teams and an editor of the CRIMSON while in college Under his leadership there will be living in Gore Hall, F. A. O. Schwarz '24 former president of the CRIMSON and of the Student Council, J. H. Sherburne Jr. '24, manager of football in 1923 and D. H. Gordon '26, a Law School student.

McKinlock Under Ravenstedt

The new Freshman Dormitory, McKinlock Hall, which is now open for the first time, will have an instructor engaged in graduate study at its principal post. E. W. Ravenstedt '20 as head proctor will be assisted by L. B. Lockwood '24, a football player of note in 1923. R. H. Dyer '26, manager of the second football team last fall and G. G. Benedict '23, who is returning as an instructor.

Besides these proctors there are three residents in Gore, Smith and Standish Halls. These posts will be filled this year by Professor E. P. Kohler, of the chemistry department, in Gore, J. W. D. Seymour '17, Secretary to the University for Information in Smith, and Henry Pennypacker '28, chairman of the Committee on Admission in Standish.

The rooms of these proctors, where al incoming Freshmen will be invited to meet them, will be as follows:

Gore A 25, J. D. DuBois '24: B 12, F. A. O. Schwarz '24; C 33, J. H. Sherburne Jr. '24; D 24, D. H. Gordon '26; F. 24, Professor E. P. Kohler.

George Smith A 21, J. W. D. Seymour '17.

James Smith A 23, R. H. Field '26; C 24, O. A. Schlaikjer '26.

Persis Smith A 13, M. A. Cheek Jr. '26; C 23, P. D. Trafford Jr. '26.

Standish A '14, W. H. Gratwick Jr. '25, C 32, Brooks Potter '24, D 24, W. N. Gates '24; E 24, Henry Pennypacker '88.

McKinlock A 11, L. B. Lockwood '24, B 22, G. B. Benedict '23; E 23, E. W. Ravenstedt '20; D 23, R. H. Dyer '26.

Shepherd 4, Mitchell Gratwick '22.