CRIMSON AND BLUE RIDERS TO CROSS MALLETS TONIGHT

Far-Famed Guest Leads Eli Horsemen, Intercollegiate Champions--Look for Even Struggle

At 8 o'clock this evening the University Polo team will encounter the Yale trio in the Commonwealth Armory in Boston. Today's game is the first clash of the season for the Harvard team.

Captain R. A. Pinkerton '27 will represent the Crimson as No. 1, W. H. White '28 will play No. 2, and F. A. Clark '29 will hold the back position. These three men, although they have not played together as a team before, are among the most accomplished horsemen that Harvard has put in the field for many years.

Yale Threat Lures Pinkerton

Although Pinkerton had not originally intended to participate in the indoor polo season, Yale's strong threat finally persuaded him to do so. White played on the University team two years ago, and was selected for the all-intercollegiate team, an honor which Captain Pinkerton attained last year. Clark is playing on the Harvard team for the first time, although he has for several years been a prominent amateur poloist and starred on the Freshman team last year.

Captain W. C. Guest of Yale is bringing a powerful trio from the Eli lair. With Reddington Barrett as No. 1, Guest-himself No. 2, and Frederick Baldwin, back, the Blue have a strong and experienced aggregation.

Sick Horses Hinder Crimson

Up to the present the Harvard men have, been rather handicapped in their practice, owing to a recent quarantine of the Army horses, which the Crimson poloists ordinarily use. Since then they have been riding the artillery mounts, and have already scrimmaged twice against different army teams. It is expected that the quarantine will be lifted during the next week.

During the game all the players will ride strange horses and will exchange their mounts the end of the first half. The match will consist of six five-minute chukkers.

The Harvard horsemen will play Yale a return game on February 22 at New Haven. During the intervening time the University poloists will encounter the 110th Cavalry, Battery A, the Army at West Point, and the 51st Artillery.