WEAKENED SOCCER TEAM TAKES WILLIAMS SCALP

First Period Goal by Kerness Gives Crimson One Point Victory--Harvard Uses Many Substitutes

In spite of injuries that materially weakened the Harvard soccer team, the Williams eleven was unable to score on the Crimson booters, Saturday afternoon, and when the University squad left Williamstown, it had added the Purple scalp to its list, by virtue of a 1 to 0 victory. Louis Kerness '29, made the only score early in the first period. The rest or the game was close, with the Crimson team, having a slight edge over the Purple booters, pressing close, but unable to score. L. L. Driggs '28, Louis Kerness '29, and Alexander Stollmeyer '30, starred for the winners.

Due to a leg injury, E. F. Clark '28, was unable to make the trip. J. F. Carr '28, who was also suffering from a leg injury, played most of the game under a severe handicap, while Reid Ryan '28, right halfback, sprained his ankle before the game, and was able to play for only a part of the first period. While the Williams team played through the entire game without substitution, there were numerous shifts in the University lineup. Bernard Barnes '30 took the place of Clark, at right halfback; W. J. Salmon '30, who started the game at goal, was shifted to left outside. Ross Langdon '20 played center forward in the second period. Kerness was moved to center halfback to strengthen the defense after the first goal had been made.

The summary: HARVARD  WILLIAMS Salmon, Henry, g.  g., Willmot Stollmeyer, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Sherman Barnes, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Davis Carr, Blackburn, l.f.b.  r.h.b., Barhite Rudd, Kerness, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Strong Ryan, Rudd, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Neilson Kerness, Park, Langdon, c.  c., Phelps Haskell, Salmon, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Delano Danielian, Haskell, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Christie Keefe, Parks, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Bright Driggs, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Smith

Score--Harvard '1; Williams 0. Goals--Kerness. Referee--Duncan. Time--four 22-minute periods.