MANY GRADUATES OF EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL WIN POSTS

714 Requests Come in From Employers While 314 Recommendations Were Made

A considerable increase in appointments and in requests from employers during the past year is shown in the statistics of the report of the Committee on Appointments for the Graduate School of Education, it was announced last night.

The total number of requests received by the Committee for nominations of candidates for positions was 714, and in reply to these requests, 314 nominations were made. Out of this number of recommendations, 77 candidates were placed in positions of varying importance and classes.

The total number registered with the Appointment Office is given in the report as 1956, while 164 enrolled during the year, and 135 during the summer school.

The distribution of the requests is as follows: Public Secondary School Subjects  111 Private Secondary School Subjects  103 Administrations  79 College Subjects  109 Private Elementary School Subjects  57 Public Junior High School Subjects  20 Public Elementary School Subjects  10 Normal and Technical School Subjects  50 Personnel and Vocational Guidance Positions  22 Psychologist and Special Class Teachers  19 Research Positions  6 Part time or Temporary Positions  102 Miscellaneous  26 The list of the places and the number of positions filled is as follows: Public Secondary School Teaching  20 College Teaching  12 Public Secondary School Administration  9 Superintendent of Schools  8 Private Secondary School Teaching  4 Physical Education  4 Normal and Technical School Teaching  3 Normal and Technical School Administration  3 Private Elementary School Teaching  3 Vocational Guidance  3 Private Secondary School Administration  2 Elementary School Administration  2 Junior High School Teaching  2 Psychologist  2 Social and Missionary Work  2 Junior High School Administration  1 College Administration  1 Director of Research  1 III  1 Further Study  8 Unemployed  6 Unknown  33