NOT JUST A SLOGAN

"Coolidge Economy" this expression has always signified to most people the fact that the present administration under the leadership of the President, has been sparing in the use of the people's money.

But now the term takes on added significance. It has been a matter of common knowledge that the chief executive is thrifty in private life; but the extent to which this is true has not been realized. For it is reported that when Mr. Coolidge retires, having been in office for approximately five years, he will have saved two hundred and fifty thousand dollars from his salary. The annual income of the chief executive is seventy-five thousand dollars; those who know the president claim that he does not spend one-third of this amount. A little simple mathematics reveals the fact that "Economy Cal will-carry back to Vermont about a quarter of a million dollars.

Fable has it that every American be wishes to become either president or a millionaire; Coolidge might well advise the youngsters to try for the Presidency, and not worry about anything else.