CURRENT EVENTS CONTEST APRIL 14

Government Professor Again Directs Test at Harvard--Winner Here Will Compete in National Contest

The Harvard examination in the New York Times Current Events Prize Contest will be held on Thursday, April 14. This announcement was made yesterday by Professor A. N. Holcombe '06, who is the representative of the University on the national committee, and who is in charge of the local contest. In addition to Professor Holcombe two other members compose the national committee, Dean H. E. Hawkes of Columbia and Colonel L. H. Holt of West Point.

Wyzanski Won Last Year

The winner of the local competition will receive a prize of $100, and will become the Harvard entrant in the final competition for the intercollegiate prize. This competition will be held simultaneously in the several colleges on May 14, and its winner will receive a prize of $500 and a gold medal. C. E. Wyzanski '27, who won the Harvard contest last year, was awarded the inter-collegiate prize as well.

The plan which was followed at the University last year was that each competitor wrote for not more than two hours on one or two topics which were chosen by himself from a list of ten or 12 suggested by the events of the period beginning May 1, 1926, which were indicated on the examination. A similar plan presumably will be followed this year. The method of presentation as well as a knowledge of facts will be considered in determining the winner.

The examination is open to all resident students of Harvard College who are pursuing a regular course of study, and have not completed four years of work in a college or institution of equivalent grade. Those wishing to take part in the competition should notify Professor Holcombe in Widener 573 on or before April 14.