HOLCOMBE ANNOUNCES FINAL PLANS FOR TIMES CONTEST

Robert Lincoln O'Brien, Editor of the Boston Herald; David Lawrence, Editor of the United States Daily, of Washington, D. C.; and Professor A. T. Miles, of the School of Journalism, Ohio State University will be the judges of this year's New York Times Current Events Prize Contest, it was announced yesterday by Professor A. N. Holcombe '06, who is the representative of the University on the national committee.

The examination, to be held on April 14, will determine who will represent Harvard in the final contest to be held a month later. According to plans announced yesterday all resident students of Harvard College, who have not completed four years of work in a college or institution of equivalent grade, are eligible. The preliminary competition will be held in Widener N from two until 5 o'clock, on April 14. Each competitor will write on one or two topics which are chosen by himself from a list of ten or 12 suggested by the events of the past few months. The method of presentation as well as a knowledge of facts will be considered in determining the winner.