STANDARD OIL COMPANY MEN WILL MEET SENIORS

Members of Graduating Class to Have Chance on April 13 to Meet Company's Representatives

An opportunity will be offered to Seniors to obtain positions when representatives of the Standard Oil Company will be at 2 University Hall on Wednesday, April 13. These men will be here for the purpose of interviewing students who are interested in obtaining positions in the Foreign Service of the Standard Oil Company. This work, which will be mainly in the Orient and Near East, allows a great variety of occupation ranging from office work and sales management, up to the organization and development of agencies.

Except for the requirement that the applicants must be American citizens between the ages of 21 and 28, and unmarried, there are practically no necessary qualifications. Naturally the knowledge of a foreign language is desirable but it is not essential. There will be plenty of opportunity for men who are assigned to positions to learn the native tongue of the country in which they will be serving. No distinction will be made between men graduated from the College or Engineering School and excellent opportunities for advancement are promised to all men who are given positions.

After the men have been chosen they will be put in a training class which will meet daily for three or four months under the tutelage of a director. Talks will be given on various phases of the oil business and visits made to the Refineries of the company. The men in these classes will be considered on trial until they are definitely accepted and assigned to a foreign station.

Appointments may be made to meet Mr. F. T. Gause, the representative, at the Student Employment Office, 2 University Hall.