SEEK STRATEGY TO STEM NASSAU TIDE

Brilliant Fielding Holds Down Foes in Last Practice Game--Mobs to Mill in Massive Rally Tonight

Playing behind the sheltering screen of its secret practice field for the last time, the CRIMSON baseball squad will endeavor this afternoon to put the final touches on that defense which is to test the slashing attack of Old Nassau's newspaper nine tomorrow morning.

Under the expert guidance of R. H. Field '26, captain of the CRIMSON 1926 diamond aggregation, CRIMSON strategy and technique have advanced by leaps and bounds during the past week. Rated at the beginning of the season as doubtful contenders for second rank honors, the nine men who are slated to open tomorrow's contest have been welded into a diamond unit which might threaten to upset the supremacy of the strongest editorial nines of the Eastern seaboard. Reports from the CRIMSON's special-Princeton correspondent, however, herald the team, which the Prince is sending to Cambridge as one which only a rare combination of air tight pitching and Herculean efforts with the bat can overcome.

Field Fells Foes

In view of the fact that today's workout will be limited to light fielding practice with a little base sliding and battery work sandwiched in, Coach Field sent his charges through a full nine inning game yesterday afternoon.

The Plympton Street regulars were opposed in this contest by a team composed of editors who favor a War Memorial Chapel. After being in hot water for three innings, F. V. Field '27, on the slab for the first string outfit, hit his stride and began to breeze them over in a way which completely mystified the opposing batters. In the fifth Worcester beat out a bunt, Jones singled, and Smith walked. Magowan then smashed out a sizzling drive which rose higher and higher as it went, finally disappearing altogether.

A huge mass meeting in the CRIMSON sanctum tonight will finish the preparations for the Princetonian invasion.