TRIO OF HARVARD STARS TO PACE WIDE TOMORROW

ENTRIES IN INTRAMURAL MEET TOTAL 200

The indefinite rumors of the last two days that Edvin Wide would be paced by a trio of University runners in his attempt to lower his World's two-mile record tomorrow were confirmed by the H. A. A. last night. It was also decided yesterday to run off today the first trial heats in the low and high hurdles, as well as the finals of two weight events, the hammer and the discus.

The decision to run Captain E. C. Haggerty '28, J. L. Reid '29, and Leslie Flaksman '29, all of the University track team, as pace-makers to Wide followed the failure of the efforts of the H. A. A. to procure outside runners to match strides with the flying Swede.

Exact Handicaps Not Settled

Although the exact handicap which will be allowed this trio will not be known until tomorrow. Wide told the CRIMSON yesterday that the handicap would probably be a little over 200 yards.

The three Harvard, runners, although they will be unable to give Wide as good race as stars of the calibre of Ritola or Goodwin would, are expected to offer the invader from Sweden satisfactory opposition. Haggerty, probably the best miler in college ranks, has raced four times to intercollegiate titles in his specialty, while Reid and Flaksman are highly rated as two-milers, both having placed in the indoor intercollegiate two-mile run in New York last winter.

Entries Total Over 200

The entries in the intramural meet total over 200 and the large number has brought about a decision to run off the trial heats in the two hurdle races at 4 o'clock this afternoon, in order that the meet Saturday may be run off more quickly.

The finals of the hammer and discus will also be held tomorrow afternoon, at 4 o'clock, in back of the Stadium. The remaining twelve events, including the finals of the hurdles will be held in the Stadium, beginning at 4 o'clock Saturday.

Just what time Wide's race will come on the program has not been decided as yet, though the Swedish speedster feels that there will be less wind to hinder him if his race is run as late as possible in the afternoon.