FINAL DATES SET FOR PASTEUR MEDAL DEBATE

FINALS TO BE HELD FORTNIGHT AFTER PRELIMINARIES

Prime Minister Briand's proposal for outlawing war will be the question under discussion in the annual debate for the Pasteur medal, it was announced last night by A. F. Reel '28, president of the Harvard debating council.

The resolution reads: "Resolved, That Prime Minister Briand's proposal to the United States Government to out-law war should be accepted". The preliminaries for the argument will be held February 17 in Sever 36, and the finals for the contests will take place March 1, possibly in Paine Hall.

At the preliminary argument all candidates will be expected to prepare a five minute speech on the question. Six men will be selected from the candidates that night to speak in the finals a fortnight later.

In 1898 Baron Pierre de Coubertin founded a prize for debating in the form of a medal, which was specially struck and designed for the occasion.

The administration of the prize is in the hands of the French Department, which is authorized to call in the aid of other instructors, students, and graduates, in order to determine the precise conditions of the competition, and of selecting the judges.