STRESS IS LAID ON NEW AERIAL ATTACK

Will Probably Bear Burden of Kicking Game Against Cadets--Graves Out of Contest With Leg Injury

With the much-heralded Army invasion only two days off, Coach Horween yesterday afternoon sent his gridiron forces through an intensive drill. No actual scrimmaging was undertaken, nor will there be any this week, Test any important cogs in the Crimson attack be unexpectedly put out of commission before Saturday's clash. Judging from the business-like atmosphere around the Locker Building at Soldiers Field, every effort is being made to maintain Harvard's record of 13 victories in as many contests with the West Point cadets.

Army Plays Demonstrated

The major portion of yesterday's work-out was devoted to a demonstration of the plays which the invaders have employed so far this season. J. L. Knox '98, coach of the Second University team, has been scouting the Army squad and instructing the Ineligibles, who illustrated the cadet line of attack. The University team opposed them in a defensive dummy scrimmage. At first the plays worked with surprising effectiveness, but after the coaching staff had thoroughly explained the formations and offensive moves, the Crimson players stopped the "Army" attack with no trouble.

Forward Passes Stressed

A skeleton drill on offensive plays was next in order. Particular emphasis was layed on long forward passes, according to the official announcement. Complete secrecy was maintained concerning the backs who were concentrating on the aerial attack.

Line Coach Dunne sent his forwards through a stiff blocking and interfering drill, the A and B lines opposing each other. The Crimson forward wall, aver- aging over 190 pounds from tackle to tackle, has not received a severe test so far this season and its showing Saturday will be important, not only as far as the result of the game with the West Pointers is concerned, but also as it may affect the outcome of the entire fall campaign.

Guarnaccia Punts

David Guarnaccia '29 spent a good deal of his time practicing with the kickers, and, in spite of the good punting of Captain A. E. French '29 in the North Carolina game, it seems likely that he will bear the major burden of the punting assignment. Guarnaccia's kinks were averaging around 45 yards.

J. W. Potter '30 and J. H. Gildea '31 worked out with Team C in signal yesterday and there is a possibility that they will both see action at the end of the week. G. L. Graves '31, one of the most promising reserve fullbacks, will be kept on the side-lines until next Monday owing to a leg injury. J. G. Douglas '30 was still a bit lame, but took his regular position for the lighter workouts. R. H. O'Connell '29 filled his berth the rest of the time, and it sems very probable that he will see plenty of service Saturday.

Teams A and B lined up as follows yesterday:

Team A--F. A. Pickard '29, l.e.; J. E. Barrett '30, r.g.; J. N. Trainer '3T, l.g.; B. H. Ticknor '31, c.; W. D. Ticknor '30, r.g.; F. A. Clark '29 J. G. Douglas '30, r.e.; E. T. Putnam '30, T. W. Gilligan '31, q.b.; A. E. French '29, l.h.b.; David Guarnaccia '29, r.h.b.; W. R. Harper '30, f.b.

Team B--S, C. Burns '29, l.e.; F. S. Davis '30, l.t.; J. S. Cunningham '29, l.g.; B. H. Dorman '29, c.; John Parkinson Jr. '29, r.g.; K. D. Robinson Jr. '29, r.t.; V. M. Harding '31, r.e.; George Crawford oeC.. q.b.; s. L. Batchelder '31, l.h.b.; t. F. Mason '30, r.h.b.; a. W. Huguley '31 f.b