SEMI-FINALS REACHED IN LAW CLUBS COMPETITION

EFFORT MADE TO SPARE AUDIENCE FROM TECHNICALITIES

The first semi-final arguments of the Ames Competition of the Law School will take place this evening at 8 O'clock when the representatives of the James Bryce club and the Edward Warren club argue a case on common law marriage in Langdell Hall Centre.

The semi-final and final rounds of the Ames Competition are the outstanding events of the Law School year. Prominent judges and lawyers come from all over the country to sit in the court. The judges this evening will be the Honorable S. Larz Moulton, Justice of the Supreme Court of Vermont, honorable R. L. Davis, Justice of the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New York, and Honorable J. N. Proskauer, Justice of the Supreme Court of New York.

H. V. Colby 3L and D. A. Wieland 3L will represent the James Bryce club, while F. W. R. Pride 3L and R. K. McConnaughey 3L will argue for the Edward Warren club.

Every effort will be made this year to have the cases presented in non-technical language as far as possible, so that the arguments will be intelligible to the outsider.