MERRY CHRISTMAS

The annual holiday production of the Harvard Dramatic Club takes the boards and bows tonight under the appropriate title of "Fiesta." There is no reason to doubt that it will measure up to the standard set by previous productions of the club. The lines and settings are encouraging to the peculiar zest of amateur acting, and the oldest living playgoer cannot remember when a drama by native talent had no honor in its own country.

Most of the Dramatic Club plays of recent years have been successes before they started. Everyone has known about them. There has been a tying and untying of pretty packages up and down until the casual stroller in the street kicks up at every step tinsel and tissue paper, all with that enticing label: "Not To Be Opened Until Just Before Christmas."

There is a prize in every package One can imagine the creative glee that whispers over warming tid-bit: "Get this in," and to those whose job it is to let them see-enough to make them want more the added phrase. "All the windows on the avenue." And they get it in. Excitement, that thermometer of human nature testifies to their success.

Art is long, and if it is getting longer, so that its shadow falls on some bright colors, it may be a pity, but it's still Art. The part of the Dramatic Club in this extension seems to be to call attention to its play among other things.