UNION WILL HOLD ANNUAL DINNER

Cabot, Lawrence, and Grandgent Are Other Speakers--Bragdon to Represent Students

The annual dinner of the Governing Board of the Union will be given in the Faculty Room at 7 o'clock this evening in honor of the President and Fellows of Harvard College. The results of this year's Union Essay contest will be announced at the event.

The Union began the practice of giving a dinner in honor of a nationally prominent graduate just after the World War, and it has been continued every year since then, with two exceptions. This year for the first time the Union is honoring a group of men in the belief that it is desirable for the undergraduates to meet the men who actually run the University.

Among the speakers will be President Lowel, Judge F. P. Cabot '90, president of the Union, and William Lawrence '71, who was bishop of Massachusetts from 1893 until his resignation last year and is chairman of the trustees of St. Mark's and Groton Schools. Professor C. H. Grandgent '83, professor of Romance Languages in the University, and H. W. Bragdon '28, undergraduate vice-president of the Union, are the other speakers.

Several other professors and officers of the University will be present and sit at the tables. These include: Kirsopp Lake, professor of Eoclesiastical History; J. L. Lowes, professor of English; A. C. Hanford, associate professor and dean of Harvard College; C. H. Moore '89, professor of Latin and dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences; H. J. Hughes '03, professor and dean of the Engineering School; E. A. Whitney '17, assistant professor of History and Literature; G. H. Chase '96, professor and dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and Creator of Classical Antiquities; Matthew Luce '91, regent; A. L. Endicott '94, comptroller; Mitchell Gratwick '22, assistant dean of Harvard College; and Mr. George Wigglesworth '74, a former president of the Union.