RUNNERS TO START OUTDOOR PRACTICE

Freshman Managerial Competitions to Open at 1.30 O'clock Today With Meeting at H. A. A.

The spring season will open today with a meeting of all aspirants for the University and Freshman teams in the Locker Building at 3 o'clock. With a meeting at the H. A. A. at 1.30 o'clock the competition for the Freshman managerial positions will get under way. At the Locker Building assemblage Coach E. L. Farrell, Captain A. H. O'Neil '28 and Manager B. T. Thompson '28 will speak.

Since the outdoor season has been considerably shortened by the long indoor season completed two weeks ago with the Michigan meet, Coach Farrell expects to round his charges into condition immediately. During the spring recess next week 25 University trackmen will participate in a triangular meet on the cinders with William and Mary and the University of Maryland at Williamsburg, Virginia. The games will be staged on April 14.

In a statement to the CRIMSON yesterday Coach Farrell said that Harvard's track material this year, if properly developed, should make it a likely contender for victories in the three objective meets of the year, Dartmouth, Yale, and the Intercollegiates. "The track material in the University," he said, "is as good this year is it has been any year since I have been connected with the sport."

Fifteen lettermen representing ten events will be on hand this year from last season's track outfit and a number of Sophomores will be powerful candidates for University berths. Lettermen in the mile and two mile runs, the pole vault, broad jump, shot put, javelin throw, discus, low hurdles, 440 and 880 yard runs are expected to report at the, initial meeting this afternoon. Those lettermen who will be back this spring are: B. G. Burbank '28, F. B. Clark '28, Leslie Flaksman '29, A. E. French '29, David Guarnaccia '29, D. A. Lomasney '28, T. G. Moore '29, Captain A. H. O'Neil '28, W. C. Peet Jr. '28, R. P. Porter Jr. '29, C. A. Pratt Jr. '28, J. L. Reid '29, G. W. Smith '29, G. A. Tupper '29, and J. O. Wildes '29.