STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTS OFFICERS

Carlton, Sweezy, and Sexton Named for Other Posts--De Normandie Is Made Budget Chairman.

At the first full meeting of the newly-elected 1928-29 Student Council held yesterday afternoon in the Faculty Room of University Hall, five officers were elected for the coming year.

Arthur Eugene French Jr. '29, of Winchester, was chosen president of the organization and Winslow Carlton '29, of New York City, received the vice-president's position. The other three offices will be filled as follows: Alan Richardson Sweezy '29, of Englewood, New Jersey, secretary; Edward William Sexton '29, of Winchester, treasurer; and James De Normandie '29, of Boston, head of the Student Council Budget Committee.

The Student Council budget system which De Normandie will direct next year, was inaugurated in the fall of 1926 and has proved so successful in the past two years that it has become a fixed institution. The system is intended to facilitate the collection of funds for the various drives which occur during the year, and it is the duty of the Student Council Budget Committee to regulate this system.

The officers who were elected yesterday will hold their positions until the election of the 1929-30 Council some time next spring.