Renowned Scenic Grandeur of Swiss Alps Lures Students of Geology--Rock-Viewing, Yodeling, Climbers' Diversion

A combined course in how mountains are built and how they are climbed will be given by Professor K. F. Mather, head of the Geological Department in the University, in the Swiss Alps, where a special class will be conducted this summer.

According to the proposed program for the summer, actual climbing of 13 peaks ranging from 9000 to 15,000 feet high, will occupy the peripatetic students. Following the summer of training those who have shown themselves most proficient will try the Matterhorn, which is considered one of the most difficult climbs in Europe. This course is open to students in the University and to other aspirants who have proved their interest in Geology and Geography.

A thorough course in Geology will be part of the summer's work, the daily program consisting of alternate periods of two hours of climbing and one hour of study. The investigation of rocks and glaciers is expected to take on new interest as new specimens are encountered at every few hundred feet of climbing in the setting of renowned scenic grandeur.

Possibilities for study in the languages of Germany, France, and Italy are to be offered through contact with the University of Geneva students. These who wish to take yodeling will have an opportunity to practice under recognized masters, it is said, but no University credit will be given in this subject.