FOUR COMPETITIONS FOR THE CRIMSON TO OPEN

Men in Sophomore and Junior Classes Are Eligible--Start of Competition Set for Wednesday Night

Competitions in all four departments of the CRIMSON will get under way on Wednesday evening when the News, Business, Photographic, and Editorial boards will welcome their respective aspirants at 7 o'clock in the CRIMSON Building at 16 Plympton Street.

At that time President a. R. Sweezy '29 will give a short talk to the Sophomore and Junior candidates who wish to try out for one of the four departments. He will outline the general character of CRIMSON competitions and will then turn the candidates over to the department heads.

Sophomores may try out for the News, Photographic, and Business boards. This will be the next to last opportunity that men in the class of 1931 will have to make these boards. For the Junior class the editorial competition is the only one that is open.

All four competitions will last nine weeks, the concluding date being approximately November 30.

Previous newspaper experience, while valuable, is not necessary for candidates in any of the departments.