First Year Men Find Morison Article in Tradition Book of Greatest Interest-Nichols' Shafts at Habits Hit Mark

A question by a CRIMSON reporter of several score Freshman about their opinion of "The History and Traditions of Harvard College" which was given to every Freshman in his registration envelope, brought out that about half of the class had not yet found time to read the booklet. Of those who had read it, all were enthusiastic in their praise, especially of the article on the history of Harvard by S. E. Morison '08. The short article by W. I. Nichols '26 on Habits. Customs, and Manners of Harvard ranked second in popularity owing to its monitory and constructively critical words on Freshman taste in haberdashery.

The essay on "The Yard" by R. A. Stoat '29 was agreed upon by several to be the most successful in making a newcomer feel the atmosphere of the University, which clings most perceptibly about the original College buildings.

The exceptional opportunities offered to each student at Harvard as an individual are most clearly presented in the article by Le Baron Russell Briggs '75. This was found valuable by several Freshmen in that it pointed out to them at the beginning that what they do for Harvard and what they get out of their four years depends entirely on nothing and no one but themselves. The Tradition Booklet helped show these men what opportunities and what heritage of tradition surrounds them. Twenty-five first year men were interviewed in obtaining this consensus of opinion.