TEAM HAS FINAL DRILL TODAY FOR INAUGURAL

BATES TO WORK OUT IN STADIUM THIS AFTERNOON

Coach Horween's 1929 model of the Harvard University football team will take its final secret drill this afternoon preparatory to its inaugural tilt in the Stadium tomorrow. The practice today is expected to be light, probably a fortyfive minute session sufficing for the day's workout.

Bates, opening foe of the Crimson, will arrive in Boston today, 32 strong, led by Coach Dave Morey and Manager Shea. They will work out behind locked gates in the Stadium this afternoon. Tomorrow's conflict is not the first game of the year for the team from Lewiston. The Morey-coached aggregation scored its first touchdown in two years last Saturday, but was nosed out by the Massachusetts Aggies, 7-6.

Harvard Lineup Announced

Although Bates' lineup is still tentative, Harvard's starting eleven was definitely announced after yesterday's light drill. The same men who have composed the Team A forward wall since the. Crimson first started practice on September 15, with the exception of the injured Davis, who will be replaced by Levin, will be in the line when Johnny Ingersoll blows the opening whistle. Kuehn will in all probability alternate with Levin at the right tackle post.

The backfield, which has been a matter of speculation all year during the conditioning period, will be composed of four veterans. Putnam will be at the helm with T. W. Gilligan and Huguley at the halves and Harper at full-back.

Passing Game Stressed

Yesterday's practice was short and snappy with a major portion of the time given over to individual coaching. The linemen had the usual blocking and tackling session, under Coach Dunne. Coach Casey took a skeleton team and ran team through a brisk drill, stressing forward passing and pass defence. After two teams had gone through kickoff formations. Teams A, B, and C ran signals for a quarter of an hour.

All men except Davis and Greeley will be in uniform tomorrow, ready to play. Coach Horween plans to use every member of his squad.