Crepuscular Cavorting

THE PRESS

For some reason, football games in the Stadium this season have ended later than in years past. Several of them continued into the dusk, with the whereabouts of the ball a mystery to the spectators and possibly to a few of the players. Only the light of a full moon guided Saturday's crowd from the stands.

It's hard to decide what causes the delay. Presumably the games started at the same time as in other years and it is safe to believe that the sun is not setting ahead of schedule. The sole reason, therefore, seems to be that the games took longer to play. But why longer? One dislikes to go into personalities, but in some of the games, particularly Saturday's with Holy Cross, Dr. T. K. Richards, that enthusiastic oarsman, appeared to be the most prominent Harvard athlete on the field. Hardly would the play become exciting, before Dr. Richards, ever vigilant, would detect signs of injury on the part of one of his charges and in fine form and red leather coat, he would sprint across the greensward to make an examination.

Dr. Richards's presence is indeed comforting, but if his zeal continues unabated, we fear that the Yale game won't end until midnight. And with Albie Booth perhaps running wild in the dark, Harvard's chances--well, you can draw your own conclusions. --Boston Herald.