SPRINGFIELD HARRIERS WIN INTERCOLLEGIATES

LARGE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN MEET

Springfield College won the second Annual intercollegiate Cross Country Run held yesterday afternoon on the four and a half mile course along Charles River. The winners were able to bunch their runners so that from a group of eight runners, seven were in the first ten, and the eighth placed eleventh. This grouping made the Springfield score but 30 points, as the points of the first five men of finish were the only ones to count in the team's score. Northeastern University came in second with 48 points; Holy Cross third with 101 points; Harvard fourth with 131; New Hampshire fifth with 137; and Clark University sixth with 197.

Only five men from the Harvard squad ran in the contest. C. B. Davis '31 was the first Crimson man to finish, arriving in eighteenth position. J. P. Duane '32 came in twenty-first place; C. B. Currier '32 was number 24; P. S. Dalton, Jr. '31, 33; and G. H. Foley '32 placed thirty-fifth.

Northeastern, in second place, had a well balanced team. R. E. Jellison, a member of the Boston harriers, was the individual winner of the race, covering the distance in the good time of 23 min., 50 sec., 11 seconds later, his teammate, B. B. Sheridan, scampered across the final line in third position. A. H. Elliott placed twelfth. R. Greenleaf fifteenth, and G. H. Bradford seventeenth, making the team's total of 48 points.

Holy Cross was in third place, scoring 101 points. W. Brennan, star of the Purple team, placed second in the race, in the very good time of 23 min., 57 sec failure to gain a lower group score. The poorer showing of the rest of the team was responsible for Holy Cross's