J.L. COOLIDGE QUITS HIS VIGILANCE POST

Mathematic Professor's Resignation is Received by Head Of Arbitrators of Citizens' Morals

Announcement of the receipt of the resignation of Professor Coolidge '95 from the Board of Directors of the Watch and Ward was made to the CRIMSON last evening by Rev. Raymond Calkins '90, President of the Society. Professor Coolidge has been connected with the House Plan since his appointment last winter as House Master of Lowell House, one of the two new resident units now nearing completion.

Late last night Professor Coolidge said in a statement to the CRIMSON that his resignation was prompted by the pressure of new responsibilities connected with the Lowell House post, and that he found it necessary to cut down on other activities. "My life is just too full, and something had to go", he concluded.

Action no Professor Coolidge's resignation will not take place for a month it was understood from the Watch and Ward Society, the matter resting in the hands of the Society's Board of Directors.

The Watch and Ward, a long established citizens' vigilance committee, has been prominent in recent Cambridge news through its activity in connection with charges of selling obscene literature brought by the Society against James A. Delacey, manager of the Dunster House Bookshop of South Street, and his assistant, who are now appealing a conviction by the Cambridge District Court.