SEXTET CONQUERS PENN IN ONE-SIDED CONTEST

CROSS DRIVES IN THREE GOALS FOR SCORING HONORS

Philadelphia, February 22--Harvard defeated the University of Pennsylvania hockey forces 9 to 0 in a one-sided contest in the Arena here tonight. The Red and Blue was unable to cope with the Crimson's fast passing attack and it was only owing to the work of Goodman, Penn goalie, that the score was not greater.

Harvard broke into the scoring column in the opening period when Cross poked in a pass from Garrison at 7.30. Goodman was constantly kept on the jump by a barrage of shots and finally Giddens drove one by him to end the first period scoring.

With the start of the second stanza, Penn attempted to carry the attack but was quickly put on the defensive by a concerted Harvard assault. Five tallies were chalked up, as the Crimson passing attack completely bewildered the Red and Blue defense.

The third period found Harvard constantly well within the Penn territory. Goodman cleared shot after shot but Cross and Garrison both managed to drive in two more tallies to bring the Crimson total to nine.

The summary: HARVARD  PENNSYLVANIA Stanley, Cross, Everett, l.w.  r.w., O'Reilly, Pie Putnam, Garrison, c.  c., Holland, Lagost Giddens, Lakin, r.w.  l.w., Wood, Harcourt H. Bigelow, Batchelder, l.d.  r.d., Pringle, Boggs A. Bigelow, r.d.  l.d., Oldham Elkins, Jackson, g.  g., Goodman

Score--Harvard 9, Pennsylvania 0. Goals--First period: Cross (7.30); Giddens (11.20). Second period: Putnam (2.34); A. Bigelow (3.56); Cross (15.24); Garrison (18.52); Giddens (19.18). Third period: Cross (2.13); Garrison (11.15). Referee--Healy. Time--Three 20-minute periods.