SCHOOLBOY STARS AIM FOR INTERSCHOLASTICS

CHICAGO ATHLETES TO MAKE TRIP ON MAY 11

Eighty-five secondary schools are entered in the forty-fourth Annual Harvard Interscholastic Track Meet which is to be held in the Stadium on May 11 and gives promise of having the largest number of participants in the history of New England interscholastic competition.

The large number of entries gives assurance that all the events will be closely contested. In Class A, the championship of which has generally been captured by Andover, many schools are sending only a few picked stars. Among the institutions which have adopted this scheme are the North Shore Country Day School of Chicago, Illinois, the State College High School of State College, Pennsylvania, and the Browne and Nichols School of Cambridge. The Huntington School, Moses Brown, Milton Academy, Roxbury Academy, and Newark Preparatory School will be powerful seekers of the team title and may bring grief to the hopes of Andover, Exeter, and Worcester Academy which finished in one-two-three order last year.

Large Schools in Class B

Among the competitors in Class B will be a number of larger schools which ranked near the top in last year's Massachusetts State High School Meet. Brookline High, the victor in Class A of the State Meet last year, is conceded a good chance to place well in the contests at the Stadium.

Among the 36 entries in Class C of the Stadium games are many leaders in Class B of the 1928 State meet. Fair-haven, Malden, Concord, Quincy, and Somerville High School are all expected to present strong bids for the class C championship at Harvard.