SEVENTEEN MEMBERS OF FACULTY GO ON LEAVE

OTHERS HAVE VARYING LENGTH OF TIME

Seventeen members of the Harvard faculty will be on leave of absence during part or all of the academic year, 1929-30.

Associate Professor C. I. Lewis '05, chairman of the Division of Philosophy will be on sabbatical leave during the year 1929-30. Professor R. C. Cabot '89, chairman of the Department of Social Ethics, and W. Y. Elliott, tutor in the Division of History, Government and Economics, and Assistant Professor of Government, will be on leaves of absence during the year 1929-30.

Professor Kirsopp Lake, Winn Professor of Ecclesiastical History, will be on leave for the second half of 1929-30. Associate Professor A. E. Norton, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, will be on sabbatical leave for the second half of 1929-30. Assistant Professor H. T. Stetson of the Harvard Astronomical Observatory goes on sabbatical leave for the academic year 1929-30. Assistant Professor Frederick Merk, of the Department of History, will be on leave of absence for the year 1929-30.

Professor J. H. Beale '82 of the Harvard Law School has been granted sabbatical leave for the second half of 1929-30. Assistant Professor J. B. Thayer '20 of the Harvard Law School will be on leave of absence for the year 1929-30. Assistant Professor R. S. Foster of the Harvard Law School has been granted leave of absence for the year 1929-30.

Associate Professors L. O. Cummings '09, and Ralph Beatley, and Assistant Professor Bancroft Beatley '15, have been granted sabbatical leaves during the academic year of 1929-30. Professor Cummings will be on leave during the first half of the coming academic year, while Professors Ralph and Bancroft Beatley will be absent during the second half of the year.

Professor J. H. Woods '87 of the Department of Philosophy will be on leave of absence for the first half of 1929-30. He has been invited by the Harvard-Yenching Institute to go on a mission to China.

Professor E. B. Hill '94, of the Music Department will be on sabbatical leave for the first half of 1929-30. Professor A. K. Porter, William Dorr Boardman Professor of Fine Arts, and W. G. Heilman '00, Lecturer on Music, will each be absent on leave during the second half of 1929-30.