CARR PUTS SOCCER MEN THROUGH DAILY PACES

SECOND UNIVERSITY TEAM TO BE ORGANIZED

Handicapped by the loss of many of last year's men but with an exceptionally large number of candidates to draw from, Coach Carr is getting soccer practice under way in preparation for a stiff schedule of 10 games.

A new feature made possible by the size of this year's squad will be second University team whose management will be in the hands of Coach Fred Kennedy, former Tufts football star and soccer player. For the first time an organized Harvard second team will play a schedule of its own ending with a final game against the Yale seconds.

Carter and Vogel Out

'The loss of W. D. Carter '31, who is on leave of absence will be felt keenly at center half back for this position promises to be the most difficult to fill this fall. W. D. Vogel '30, who played center forward last season, is also on leave this year but it is expected that the forward line may be filled by candidates from the 1932 team.

Broadbent, Frame, Vincent, Wight, and Dorman are the outstanding candidates for the forward positions. At half-back there are Bland, who was selected for the All-American team in 1928, Grover, Tatham, Carrigan, and Kane, while Captain Stollmeyer, Catinella, and Blake are among the full-backs.

Barnes Back

This year's squad is further strengthened by several members of former Freshman teams who have not reported for one or two years. Among these men are Barnes, Forrester, Shine, and Parker.

The team makes one trip this year. On Saturday, November 9, Harvard will meet Navy at Annapolis, and two days later will play against Pennsylvania at Philadelphia. Other games on the schedule include Syracuse, Dartmouth. M. I. T., Brown, and Yale.