PRINCETON DEBATERS ON HARVARD SCHEDULE

DEBATING COUNCIL ANNOUNCES TENTATIVE PLANS

Arrangements for a debate with Princeton University to be held on Tuesday, February 18 in Evrett Hall Norwood Mass., instead of Cambridge, have just been completed, according to an announcement made yesterday by the Harvard Debating Council.

The subject of the debate is to be: "Resolved, That the Massachusetts Baby Volstead Act be repealed." On the same subject, there is also to be a debate in Symphony Hall on Thursday, February 20, with the Debating Society of Boston College.

Trials for men wishing to take part in these debates will be held after the midyear period. The present squad consists of eight men who debated with the Newark Law School on November 18 during the first trip taken by the team.

The Princeton debate in Norwood will be the first intercollegiate debate which has been held there for some time: Debating receives almost no backing at Harvard, but there is a great deal of interest in the town of Norwood about this debate, and it is being given hearty support.

Shortly, after these two debates, a squad for the second half year will be called out, and there will be an opportunity for new men to join the Council. Arrangements are already being made for the annual spring trip, and only men who have taken part in at least one debate will be eligible for it. Two meetings have so far been arranged, with the University of Chicago and with Georgetown University at Washington.