LEGION OF HONOR MAKES DEAN DONKAM AN OFFICER

TWO SCHOOLS SHOULD PROMOTE FRIENDLY RELATIONS

Dean Wallace B. Donham '98, of the Business School, has been made an Officer of the Legion of Honor by the Republic of France. This award is distinct from the less coveted title of Knight of the Legion of Honor and was given in recognition of Dean Donham's services in connection with the founding of a Graduate Business School in Paris.

In a speech delivered before the President of France, the ministers of the Government of the Republic and the President and the Paris Chamber of Commerce, at the dedication of the Paris school, the Dean acted as the Harvard's official delegate in the absence of President Lowell. He congratulated the Paris Chamber of Commerce and declared that a healthy interchange of ideas between the Paris Business School and its American predecessor would enable business men in both countries better to understand the situations confronting other countries and thus bring about better international understanding.

Dean Donham explained that the world had become industrially one and that the two institutions had need of studying the ethical problem of industry and the art of living together, both in business within the community, and within respective countries.

He expressed his confidence that "the school now inaugurated will in fact serve its country not only by training your brilliant youth more quickly and surely to contribute to your own economic soundness and progress, but that it will in time through effective cooperation with our own school add much to that mutual understanding between our two peoples, which the future so much needs.