STUBBS NAMES LINEUP FOR FIRST HOCKEY GAME

FRESHMEN MEET IN SMITH HALLS TODAY

With the first University hockey game scheduled for tomorrow night, Coach Stubbs yesterday announced the lineup which would start off the skirmish with the Engineers at 8.15 o'clock in the Boston Garden.

The large proportion of new material in the squad has made it necessary that this combination should consist, with one exception, of veteran players, but it is probable that every skater will get a chance to prove his ability before the session will be over.

The defensive trio will be S. L. Batchelder '31, at left defence, C. C. Cunningham '32, at right, and Captain Harwood Ellis '31, in the goal. This combination proved successful during the past season, and should be a telling factor during the coming one.

Five veterans are in the forward line. H. D. Everett '31 will be at left wing, with J. B. Garrison '31 at center. Robert Saltonstall, Jr. '33, who starred at right wing on the Freshman team, of which he was captain, will play at his old position tomorrow night.

Although the squad has been together only a short while, this initial lineup is remarkably well coordinated, and should have little trouble downing the Tech six.

At 5.30 tomorrow afternoon, the Freshman hockey candidates will meet in the Smith Halls Common Room. Coach Stubbs, Assistant Manager Eustis Dearborn '32, and Captain Ellis, will talk to them about the prospects of the coming season. Friday, December 12, will be their first day of practice.

It has been announced at the Athletic Association office that their H. A. A. coupons will be acceptable for entrance into the Boston Garden tomorrow night, and can be used in the purchase of all but the reserved seats. These, which comprise the boxes, and the first four rows, are now on sale at the Office. This same ruling will hold true for the game with the University Club, which will be on Wednesday, December 17