Happy Days are Here Again

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

I have just finished reading an article in your mail column on the possible rejuvenation of the Junior Prom.

It strikes me that a vote of the class as a whole on the subject would be highly appropriate, but before the ballots be sent out I would suggest that Mr. Trainer spend a little time looking into the situation and publish in your columns the arguments for and against the Prom.

We are now approaching a time when the classes are to be broken up in the house plan. To me it does not seem right that all class bones should be broken and under the present system such a social affair if conducted as it should be, would tend to strengthen such ties.

It is true that during the past few years, interest has been waning in this affair but this has been directly due in most cases to gross mismanagement on the part of committees to make the classes realize that the original purpose of this tradition was unification of the class.

Finally, in doing away with the Prom it seems as if the Junior Class officers have put themselves in the rather precarious position of being "passe", for why bother with officers if there is nothing for them to do? Rather than slip into the senility and discard of the previous class leaders I should like to suggest that they "get on the ball." Luther H. Gulick '31.