CRIMSON PREPARES FOR HOCKEY TILT WITH MARQUETTE

Regular Crimson Lineup Will Oppose Invaders--Giddens' Status is Still Unknown

A colorful Marquette University hockey team from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, undefeated among Western Conference puck chasing aggregations, will arrive in town today ready to do battle with the Crimson tomorrow night at the Garden in the first game of its Eastern invasion.

The Golden Tornado sextet, headed by two All-American stars and having five Canadian born players on the roster of ten, left Milwaukee last week, stopping at Ann Arbor, Michigan, for two contests with the Wolverines. After playing Harvard tomorrow night Marquette will travel to West Point for a game with the cadets on Saturday and will complete its jaunt along the Atlantic seaboard next Tuesday against Yale at New Haven. Up to last week the Hilltoppers were leading the Western Conference with five victories and no defeats and had chalked up three more wins against amateur hockey clubs of Wisconsin and Minnesota. They have lost only one contest so far this season and that was a double-overtime game.

Coach Person's two All-American stars are Captain Don MacFayden and Clarence MacKenzie and these two men have been bearing the brunt of the work for Marquette. They led their team to a 3 to 1 victory over Michigan Tech early in the season and have starred in practically every game to date. Harvard beat the same Michigan Tech team 11 to 0 shortly after the Christmas recess. On comparative scores, then, Harvard has a decided advantage but it seems that Marquette was way off form when it played Tech.

With the results of the midyear examinations not known as yet the status of R.F.G. Giddens '30, ineligible the first half year, still remains in doubt. Whether or not he will be able to finish out the season will not be able to finish out the season will not be learned until later in the month. It is expected that Coach Stubbs will stand pat on his present lineup for the time being. The Crimson skaters had an off day yesterday but will run through a short practice session today. The game tomorrow, the first after a long layoff, comes just in time to put the Harvard sextet back in condition for its main game of the week on Saturday against the Big Green at Hanover.