WRESTLERS VICTORIOUS OVER YALE OPPONENTS

HARVARD TEAM GETS FOUR FALLS AND LOSES FOUR DECISIONS

A smoothly functioning Harvard wrestling team handed a second major defeat to the Yale matmen by overcoming them 20 to 12 in Hemenway Gymnasium last Saturday. The Blue was still smarting from a 15 to 11 Princeton victory of the week before.

Each team won a total of four bouts but the Crimson losses came in the form of decisions, while those of Yale were sustained by falls.

The first upset of the afternoon occurred in the 125-pound bout when Arthur Klein '32 defeated Bacon, who was a heavy favorite, by a fall in eight minutes, 31 seconds. This was the only Harvard victory until the 165-pound bout was called. With the score at 12 to 5 in favor of the Elis, J. F. Solano '32 met Brodie and broke the jinx with a fall in four minutes, 25 seconds. The tables were turned successfully, for C. D. Newhart '31 and Captain Nathaniel Warner '30 took the final bouts by falls in four minutes 43 seconds and five minutes two seconds, respectively.

The summary:

115-pound class: Bigwood (Y) defeated F. C. Evans '31 by decision.

125-pound class: Arthur Klein '32 defeated Bacon by fall in 8 minutes 31 seconds.

135-pound class: Whiteridge (Y) defeated H. R. Elsas '32 by decision.

145-pound class: Sargent (Y) defeated R. K. Safford Jr. '31 by decision.

155-pound class: Cleveland (Y) defeated W. A. Robertson '31 by decision.

165-pound class: J. F. Solano '32 defeated Brodie by fall in 4 minutes 25 seconds.

175-pound class: C. D. Newhart '31 defeated Brewster by fall in 4 minutes 43 seconds.

Unlimited class: Nathaniel Warner '30 defeated Smith by fall in 5 minutes 2 seconds.