SIX COLLEGES TO ENTER INTERCOLLEGIATE MEET

SEMI-FINALS OF ALL EVENTS TO BE RUN OFF FRIDAY

The opening of the outdoor track and field season in Boston will be held on Friday at the Stadium, when the trial events of the Greater Boston Intercollegiate Track Meet will be run off. The meet is the first of its kind ever held in Cambridge.

All six Greater Boston colleges, namely, Boston College, Boston University, Harvard, Northeastern, Technology, and Tufts will have athletes entered in both the freshman and university competition. In scoring the meet, five places will count, the intercollegiate track and field program being followed throughout. Due to the unlimited entry conditions coaches will have the opportunity of starting all candidates, regardless of ability, in the various events.

Final Events Saturday

On Saturday, starting at 2.30 o'clock, the final events will be run off, with 15 university and eight freshman events to be taken care of. Of the colleges entered Harvard is favored to win the university competition, with Boston College, Technology, and Northeastern battling for the runner-up position. All best performances in the 30 events of the meet will constitute records for this track and field carnival, which is expected to become an annual affair in the future.

Harvard has entered a total of 149 track and field men, of whom 83 will participate in the university division, and 66 in the freshman group. Next largest number of entrants is Technology, whose forces include 55 men for the senior events and 42 in the freshman division.

Admission on Friday will be $.50. On Saturday the following schedule will hold: Sections 1-19 $.50; sections 13-17, $1.00; sections 18-31, $1.50. On both days H. A. A. books will admit their owners, while $.25 admissions will be charged all other Harvard undergraduates and students of the six colleges represented.