HARVARD MEETS TUFTS IN LAST PRE-YALE GAME

MacHALE IS PROBABLE PITCHER

The Harvard baseball team will go to Medford today to furnish the opposition for the last game of the season for the Tufts College nine. Yesterday afternoon the Tufts outfit beat the U. S. S. Southery diamond forces 7 to 5. The Crimson defeated the sailors in the latter part of April by an 11 to 2 score.

Coach Mitchell has not definitely announced who will get the mound assignment for Harvard. It is expected, however, that the start of the game will see MacHale in the box with Devens on hand for relief duty. Devens will probably be picked to start the first Yale game at New Haven on Tuesday. Adams will twirl for Tufts today.

One of the interesting features of today's game is that brothers will probably play against each other. A. J. Lupien '32 who will probably be in right field for Harvard is the brother of Frank Lupien, the Tufts left fielder.

The baseball game in the Tufts Oval this afternoon will be one of the attractions of Alumni Day at the Medford school. Yesterday was Class Day there.

Both teams in today's tilt have mediocre records. Harvard has won only one game out of the last seven played while Tufts has had only one victory to its credit since the first of May. It began the season with a long winning streak, pinning defeats on Northeastern. Lowell Textile, Brown, Bates, Bowdoin, and Boston University. It then went down before B. U. in the return game. Holy Cross was its next opponent and the Crusaders had an easy time of it, romping off with the game. Since then the Jumbos have lost to Springfield. New Hampshire, Boston College, and the Quantico Marines. The only recent victory they have won was over St. Lawrence.

Harvard has come out victor in the Tufts contest for the last two years. Both games were won, however, by narrow margins. Last year the Crimson conquered, after the two outfits had battled for 10 innings, by a 10 to 9 score.

Only four of the men who will face Harvard today were on the team last spring. Adams pitched against the Crimson nine while Ingalls and Arlanson also played in that game. Ockert, who will cover third base today, was in center field last year.

THIS AFTERNOON HARVARD  TUFTS Mays, s.s.  s.s., Ingalls Nugent, 2b.  3b., Ockert McGrath, c.f.  c.f., Haber Ticknor, l.f.  c., Arlanson Wood, 1b.  r.f., Godfrey Des Roches, 3b.  1b., McCarthy Huxtable or A. Lupien, r.f.  2b., Kennedy Fincke, c.  l.f., F. Lupien MacHale or Devens, p.  p., Adams