PRINCETON TO ROW HARVARD ON MAY 2

Bingham and Coach Whiteside are Glad of Resumption of Relations--Tiger Crew May be 1930 Freshman Boat

For the first time since Harvard broke off all athletic relations with Princeton University, after the football game in 1926, representatives of the two universities will meet in a major athletic event on Saturday, May 2, when the University crews of Harvard, Princeton, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology are scheduled to take part in a triangular regatta in the Charles River Basin.

During the years which have followed the break with Princeton, the Crimson and the Tiger have met unofficially in minor events such as golf, polo, and 150-pound crew, but until next May the two will not have contended in the field of the major letter. Such meetings have always been without the sanction of the athletic committees of the two universities, except in cases when their respective teams have met in competition with a third party.

The Harvard and Princeton eights are to row together as the guests of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the regatta being arranged by A. W. Rowe of the M. I. T. advisory committee on athletics, in conjunction with W. J. Bingham '10, director of athletics at Harvard, and Dr. J. D. Spaeth of the Princeton board of control, both of whom have expressed their approval of the existing scheme.