RIFLEMEN OPEN SPRING ACTIVITIES TOMORROW

FIVE GOOD MARKSMEN RETURN FOR PRACTICE

Tomorrow the Harvard Rifle Club will open its spring activities on the Arlington rifle range. Trials are to be conducted during the remainder of the week and from their results a team of six men will be picked to shoot in the two matches which have been arranged with Boston College and Trinity College, respectively on Monday, April 27, and Friday, May 8. Arrangements for other meets with local clubs are under way.

Some of the better marksmen returning again this year are: T.C.T. Buckley '32, J.A. Booth '33, K.R. Ludiam '33, Samuel Powel, Jr. '32, and W.M. Wing '31. Buckley has just resigned his post as president of the club and has appointed Ludiam in his place, but he will retain his position as captain of the team.

According to the secretary, J.B. Gregg '31, the veteran material showed considerable strength in the fall practice, and several new men of more than average ability reported. Qualifications for medals in the National Rifle Association will be held during the next two weeks.

By special arrangement with the Director of Civilian Marksmanship 120 rounds of ammunition are furnished free to each man, thus saving a considerable sum of money. The club now numbers about 40 men, and a large turnout is expected this spring.