POLO TRIO MEETS YALE TONIGHT AT NEW YORK ARMORY

First Time Handicap System Has Been Used in Tournament--Crimson Bare Favorite to Win

Tonight at 9.30 o'clock the Harvard polo trio will meet the Yale mallet men in the finals of the intercollegiate indoor championship at the Squadron A armory in New York City. The Crimson team, with six handicap goals conceded to it at the start, should have an even chance of regaining the title which it dropped last year.

Harvard will start H. I. Nicholas Jr. '31, at No. 1, Captain E. T. Gerry '31 at No. 2, and F. S. Nicholas '33 at back, while the Yale lineup is to be L. A. Baldwin at No. 1, J. P. Mills at No. 2, and J. C. Rathborne at back. This year's Blue team ranks as one of the best in the history of indoor polo at New Haven, both Mills and Rathborne being old Aiken stars, while Baldwin is a member of the championship Hawaiian team. However the Harvard trio has an old Aiken player itself in the person of Captain Gerry.

The Crimson has developed into a much better aggregation than was thought possible at the beginning of the year, but the Yale trio is fresh from a victory over the hitherto unbeaten Optimists. Some objections have been raised that the Harvard team has a lower handicap than it should have, and this point would seem almost justifiable in view of the fact that the Elis, rated six goals higher than the Crimson, defeated Princeton on Tuesday by a much smaller margin than Harvard had only a week before.

In the first Harvard-Yale game of the season at New Haven the University team, using Yale ponies, was defeated by a score of 11 to 6, playing on the flat. At the second match Harvard held the Elis to a bare win of 8 to 5 1-2 points.