NEW HAMPSHIRE LOSES TO CRIMSON IN 13 TO 2 FIASCO

Harvard Captain Connects in Second Circuit-Hit of Week--McCaffrey Leads in Batting

Yesterday afternoon a handful of chilly fans watched the University baseball nine trounce the New Hampshire team by a 13 to 2 margin in a game that was as much unlike real baseball as the afternoon was unlike genuine baseball weather.

The Harvard triumph was due to the fact that Page on the mound kept the Wildcat batters from connecting disastrously, either passing the players absolutely, or forcing them to hit weakly into the infield or to pole easy pop flies to the outfield. While at times the Crimson hurler seemed distinctly without control, throwing wide of the plate and alternately forcing the batters to duck hastily, each time he seemed about to load the bases for New Hampshire via the base on balls route the visitors failed to make any timely bingles, allowing Page to retire the side on easy outs without scoring.

Throughout the game both teams played schoolboy baseball, the Crimson team coming out on top through timely hitting, after the bases had been loaded by passes, wild throws, and errors. Both pitchers evidenced distinct lack of control throughout the game, and while the Harvard bitting showed improvement, the fielding was as lethargic and ragged as in most all the previous games.

Harvard started the scoring in the first inning, McCaffrey counting for the first score on DesRoches's long three-base clout to right field, being soon followed by DesRoches himself, who scored on a wild pitch. The veteran guardian of the hot corner found himself a bit yesterday afternoon, poling out three hits out of five times up. McCaffrey also showed up much better at the bat than he has previously, collecting three safe hits out of three chances.

HARVARD  ab  h  r  po  a  eMcCaffrey, c.f.  4  3  2  4  0  0Lupien, c.f.  1  0  0  0  0  0McGrath, s.s.  4  1  1  1  2  0Ticknor, l.f.  4  1  2  1  0  0DesRoches, 3b.  5  3  2  1  1  2Rex, r.f.  4  1  2  1  0  0Mays, 2b.  6  0  0  3  2  0Wood, 1b.  5  2  1  9  0  1Sheldon, c.  2  0  2  4  2  0Fincke, c.  2  0  0  2  0  0Page, p.  4  2  1  1  0  0  --  --  --  --  --  --  41  13  13  27  7